Tri-Cities Lawn Care
A well-manicured lawn is a beautiful addition to any home and enhances the aesthetic appeal of your property. A verdant, lush lawn is the foundation for an attractive landscape and can increase the worth of your property.
A healthy, cared-for lawn is also a wonder to look at. It provides you and your family with a place to play and relax, while also nourishing the environment.
Like the rest of your yard, your lawn needs care and maintenance to thrive and stay alive. If you ignore your grass for a long period of time, perhaps a year or so, the density will begin to decline and the root system will diminish.
A well-maintained lawn will recover more quickly from the effects of adverse weather conditions, as well as attacks from insect and disease infestations. Fertilization, mowing, watering, and reseeding are all necessary to adequately maintain your grass, and the type of lawn you have can influence the type of treatment it needs.
Turfgrasses tend to grow better in well-drained soils that are rich in nutrients and organic content. Your average residential property lawn usually does not have the ideal soil for grass to grow and thrive. This is why your lawn needs more food, water, and proper maintenance practices to compensate for the poor soil.
Advantages to Having a Healthy Lawn
Here are some advantages of having a healthy, robust lawn:
- Contributes to community green space, while beautifying neighborhoods.
- Cools your home and neighborhood, and reduces temperatures – eight average yards have the cooling effect of approximately 70 tons of air conditioning. The average home central air conditioning unit has only a three to four-ton capacity.
- Your well-maintained lawn can absorb noise.
- It generates oxygen (a 50-foot by 50-foot lawn generates sufficient oxygen for a family of four).
- Absorbs rainfall six times more effectively than a wheat field, and four times better than a hayfield.
- Prevents runoff and erosion of topsoil and stabilizes slopes.
- Traps contaminants from the atmosphere, which cleans the air.
- Provides a safer landscape for athletic and recreational activities than artificial surfaces.
- Your healthy grass can be a sanctuary for relaxation.
For those of you who have busy schedules and seek time to rest but love the outdoors, you might relax in a hammock in your backyard or just sit in an area with your pets and kids spending time relaxing just outside your home.
- Healthy lawns reduce the rate of erosion.
Erosion can be a big problem in some communities because of wind or rain or runoff coming from snowmelts. Healthy grass helps to protect the soil. What’s more, it is a good habitat for various micro-organisms to thrive and form the soil structure that makes for the successful growing of crops.
- Having a lawn and green space around your home reduces stress and improves well-being.
Studies have shown that frequent access to lawns or green spaces can increase your productivity, lower stress levels, and generally improves lives and moods. Your lawn also creates an ecological barrier between your home and the street.
Look to Birch's for Expert Lawn Care Services
Birch’s Lawn Care is committed to transforming and maintaining lawns into highly effective, aesthetically pleasing landscapes. Our lawn care services include fertilization, weed control, lawn insect control, and crabgrass and broadleaf weed control.
Birch’s Lawn Care understands that keeping your lawn looking its best is a big job! We are here to provide the best lawn care and landscaping services in the Tri-Cities, including Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland.
If you want your neighbors to be jealous of your gorgeous lawn, then give Birch’s a call at (509) 910-6318!